Sunday, February 20, 2011

Bad food and good hours

So one of the drivers that trained me at work is getting promoted to be a manager of some kind at one of the other stores here.  Since he's leaving I'm going to be taking over his hours of 07:00 to 13:00.  Pretty excited about that, but it'll be sad to see him go.  Now I'm going to be working double the amount of time I used to work and with one less driver there that means there'll be more deliveries to go around.

Yesterday I went out to sushi with three other friends.  I got the all you can eat lunch which was pretty good.  The service really sucked for me though, my food didn't come out until everyone else got their second order, and my first order was just unagi sushi and a yellowtail sushi.  So I felt kind of bad because at the end I'm still sitting there eating while everyone else is done because I started much later than them, but whatever.  The last thing I ordered was sea urchin sushi.  I've heard stories about this sushi, but it was way beyond what I had imagined.  It was honestly the worst thing I've ever eaten in my entire life.  It's really hard to describe because I've never had anything remotely like that.  But, according to other people's descriptions, via youtube, it was nothing like what I had.  They described it as tasteless which mine definitely was not.

And I just got a call from one of my dad's friends, Teresa.  I don't talk to my father any more but I always enjoyed seeing Teresa.  She was like a mother to me while I was with my dad.  My uncle called a little before Christmas and told me that her mind isn't what it used to be, so I'm not really sure she realized who she was talking to, but she might have.  She was trying to call my grandfather but somehow she called my house by mistake.  Apparently it's his birthday today, I probably won't call though.  I kind of resent that side of my family, even though most of them didn't do anything bad to me the fact is that wether they realize it or not, they didn't do anything.

Anyway, that's just me keeping up with my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment