Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Interview and Parking Experience

Well, I handed in all of my paperwork today and in return got; four pamphlets, one 41 page employee manual, and one 13 page driver manual.  Read it all today, I had to take a nap while reading it though.

Also while I was leaving the deli, I got screwed by the parking fees.  Apparently the deli will validate parking for one hour of time, and anything after that must be paid.  So when I give the machine my ticket to leave it says I have an outstanding fine of $3.00.  Now I have to go back in the building to put some money in another machine to pay off the fee.  So I park and go inside to find two guys working on the validation machine downstairs, and so I take the elevator upstairs and the machine up there says its out of order and to go downstairs.  So I do, and the workers were gone when I got there.  I put my ticket in the machine and it says I owe $6.00 now because I've been there for 1 hour and 33 minutes.  So I begrudgingly pay the stupid fee that I got screwed on because I couldn't pay the $3.00 on my way out of the parking lot.  And I can't talk to anyone about it because the whole thing is completely automated, there's no actual people that work for the parking lot.

So far this job has cost me between $70.00 and $80.00 and I haven't even started working yet.  I still need to buy the shoes and slacks that I need, so that's probably going to bring the total to around $100.00.  I'm going to get some gel insoles too, but I'm not really counting that.

No comments:

Post a Comment